draw maps. make legends. indicate with arrows. chart your geography.
then ditch it all and get all lost and shit. your body’s got this.
You must catch up on some fiction.
Atkinson, Bowen, Krauss
Rearrange the living room.
Acquire a hanging light for over the table.
Remember the radio talk show
(where the host brought up assimilation).
International human worries
International human worries
The cat knocks the tv remote off the mantle.
Exercise your memory (the names are starting to slip).
Add to your story-plot diary
(where you record plots to test that you remember them).
Beginnings, middles, ends
Don’t kill yourself over details please.
That book – what’s it called?
Something with Einstein
(It talks about memory palaces.)
Build a memory palace!
String it across your arms and clavicles.
(a perfect place for a palace)
A studio would be fine, though. Or a house.
Think a thought for Dad. An Irish proverb.
“Patience and forbearance make a bishop of his reverence.”
But could you do without the thoughts?
But wouldn’t you like to sleep?
To fall like a stone.
Wake like a stone.
That’s 24 days. I’ll admit, I’ve been consuming. Roughly, 4 episodes of Mad Men (and about a dozen references to JFK), 8 performance, 5 movies, 1.5 books, 16 podcasts, 2 new albums, and so many conversations with folks whose company is most enjoyable. Life is good.
In honor of all the consuming, here’s a list,in no particular order.
- Cocktails with Callie , plus meeting her cat IJ (Izzie Jane)
- The opening moment in Neal Medlyn’s show. (“Have you thought of a number? Is it 3?” No, actually, it was 5.)
- The ending moment of Laurie Berg’s piece at DraftWorks – ala The Will Rogers Follies
- Inglorious Basterds – Hans Landa is supreme and the bar scene and the french countryside and the conversation btwn Landa and the frenchman when they decide to switch from French to English in their conversation.
- Making shortbread with Tami … various brainy rants!
- Chatting with Jeffrey over coffee and bagels at home – makin’ our top 10 movie list of 2009. Yep, we like lists. Don’t judge.
- Eevin Hartsough singing “I want a dog” in Laika Space Dog. Carl Riehl & The Cake Monkeys!! Made a mental note to ask Carl to talk more about song lyric writing. So I’m writing it down here.
- Matty Robinson’s interview (25:59-43:34) with Michael Stuhlbarg on Filmspotting + their nostalgia movie countdown. Ah, childhood movies. I gotta go with The Dark Crystal, The Secret of Nimh, and yes, Anne of Green Gables.
- Rachel Tiemann at Sorry for Laughing – you are a very funny lady. Especially when you violently eat cucumber slices while someone tries to read a love sonnet.
- Book 3 of Millenium Series – this is from Stieg Larsson, the Swede I’ve mentioned many a time. I’m almost finished with the trilogy, and it will be bittersweet to finish it. If you ever read these, my rule of thumb: give it 120 pages before you leave it. They start slowly and then the roller coaster ride kicks begins. Really. Trust me.